Teachers Strike Cancelled – please be advised that the teachers strike which was proposed for Wednesday this week has been cancelled. School will run as normal.
Exams this week & student expectations – Due to the teacher’s strike being cancelled, Exams have been put back to there original start date which is Wednesday. They will run through to the following Wednesday. All students have been given their timetables.
If any Rumaki students have exams on Tuesday or Wednesday they have been instructed to speak with their subject teachers and organize another time during exam week to sit that subject. This is due to our attendance at Manu Korero Nationals. All mainstream teachers are aware of this and are expecting students to come and see them.
During this week it is expected that all seniors will attend school and work with their subject teachers for revision.
Y11 Parents – It was very disappointing on Saturday to only have 3 students attend the Science study wananga for Y11’s.
- Kapa Haka / Kai – A reminder that practice runs from 5.30 to 8.30pm. Please remember to send your child along with Kai. As they will have a break from 5-5.30pm straight after homework centre.
- Whanau Hui – A reminder that this is on Wednesday from 6-8pm.
- Te Ahurea - It is imperative that all whanau attend this weeks hui. If you can’t, send along a representative. We are only 4 weeks away from Te Ahurea and everyone needs to be briefed on what they will be expected to do on the day.
- Permission Slips – Manu Korero permission slips/money need to be in this week if you haven’t already done so.
- Green Jackets – I spoke with Lotto Sports this morning and the Jackets won’t be delivered until the 28th September. They have apologised for the delay.
- Clothing Orders – I am expecting to pick up our new order this week (Thursday) for those who have clothing on order
Senior Exams Start
Kai (Students to provide their own)
Kapa Haka Practice
you have any take please do not hesitate to contact
Pa Chris at kura DDI 815 - 6742 (marae) or email rumaki (at)
DEAN/TUMUAKI: Ng_ Puna o Waiorea
te Manu e kai i te miro, Nona te Ngahere
te Manu e kai i te Matauranga, Nona te Ao!
bird that eats of the miro berry survives in the forest
bird that partakes of knowledge owns the world]
Study Wananga Timetable Reminder
Please ensure your child brings along kai for these sessions as there will be no kai provided.