Kia Ora Whanau
Well done whanau – what an awesome Te Ahurea Festival. The weather gods heard our prayers and we were blessed with 2 exceptional days of weather. To all those whanau who attended and worked to make the Powhiri and Main Event successful – thank-you. To the Organizing Committee and all the work they have done over the last 7 months – thank you. To the Mainstream Management Team, Teaching, Administration and Caretaking/Grounds Staff – thank you. To our Judges/Scrutinizers and all participating Kura - thank you. To the Kaiako – thank you. To our many Sponsors and Stall Holders – thank-you. Our Kapa Haka Tutors – thank-you. To Westmere Primary and their participation in our Powhiri – thank –you. To our site staff who worked from 6am Friday to Saturday evening at 9.30pm (without sleep), then came back and worked Sunday from 8am to 2pm and again on Monday from 7am to midday. – a special thank-you. To the school BOT –thank-you.
Ngarimu Essays – Ngarimu Essay entries were sent off on Friday – students work entered came from Y12 – Anania, Te Ura and Brad, Y10 – Tuhoe and Norbryn, Y9 – Nathaniel. Winners are announced by the Ministry on Wednesday the 20th November. We will keep you posted.
Senior English – Those seniors who have yet to complete their Ngarimu Essay, this needs to be completed by this coming Friday to ensure you get your unit standard credits.
Junior English – Those juniors who have yet to complete Ngarimu this needs to be done by Wednesday. If it has not been completed you will have lunchtime and after school detentions until it is completed.
Internal Assessments – All seniors with incomplete internal assessments you only have till next Friday for these to be handed in. If this means that you need to be staying on after school or working during your lunchtimes you need to do this.
- Homework Centre –Wednesday 3.30pm-5pm (Please remember to send your child with extra kai). A reminder for junior whanau – even though senior’s have workshops going on, homework centre remains compulsory for all juniors.
- Y10-Y12 Final Option Choices – these will be out shortly. They need to be signed by parents/caregivers and returned back to the school immediately. If you have any questions in regards to the options your child has they needed to be addressed to Pa Chris immediately.
- Whanau Hui – this Wednesday (Ropu C are Chairing the Hui) – a reminder whanau that our re-scheduled hui in on this Wednesday 6-8pm. Kaiako will be reviewing what will be happening over the coming weeks with Study Wananga leading into NCEA Exams so an extremely important hui for senior parents. Senior Parents will need to organize what their participation will be. Also on the Agenda will be Ropu participation re: email received from one of the whanau. What Activity we will look to put on for the children as we did not have Hakari after Te Ahurea. De-brief on Te Ahurea.
If you have an agenda item you would like discussed please email anyone from Ropu C.
- Green Jackets (update) – this order is now in so if your child doesn’t have a Jacket now is the time to be purchasing one.
- Rumaki Clothing (Update) – our new order is now in so if you are wanting any new sweat shirt or T-Shirt – order forms are outside the Marae Office. Great for whanau presents (Christmas isn’t that far away).
- Term 4 Calender – this is attached. Please be aware that this is subject to change.
- Labour Weekend – a reminder that there is no school on Monday.
Whanau Hui – Ropu C (Chairing Hui)
you have any take please do not hesitate to contact
Pa Chris at kura DDI 815 - 6742 (marae) or email rumaki (at)
DEAN/TUMUAKI: Ng_ Puna o Waiorea
te Manu e kai i te miro, Nona te Ngahere
te Manu e kai i te Matauranga, Nona te Ao!
bird that eats of the miro berry survives in the forest
bird that partakes of knowledge owns the world]
Senior Study Wananga Timetable
|| Y11 Physics
All study workshops will operate from now till students go out on study leave.
N.B. - English
Even though days are specified for particular year groups, all senior students are welcome to attend any of the days.
Prior to the designated start times of 4.30pm students can use the time to complete any outstanding internals, revise & rewrite notes or prepare & organize revision notes.
N.B. – Science
Whaea Lorrin will also be available for Lunchtime workshops on Wednesday’s and Friday’s in Waihanga.
All Y11‘s are expected to attend all workshops.
Te Reo Maori / Te Reo Rangatira – Timetable to be advised
Wednesdays remain as standard homework centre for all levels.
Pangarau – Timetable to be advised