– 19th – 24th April, in Christchurch.
– A mix of seminars and practical work.
– Visit University of Canterbury’s Mt John Observatory at Tekapo and explore our cosmic neighbourhood with modern astronomical instruments.
– University of Canterbury’s Ilam campus to learn about the universe past, present and future, the life cycles of stars, planet exploration, extraterrestrial life and more.
– Meet fellow students with the same astronomical interests and make new friends.
Applications are now open for the Elaine P. Snowden Astronomy School is a six-day event for Year 13 students interested in studying Astronomy or Physics at university.
There are NO COSTS for the camp, or travel to & from Christchurch, as the camp is generously funded by a donation from a private sponsor.
Applications close: Monday, 2nd March
Eligibility: Acceptance is based on an online written application from students and NCEA Physics and Maths results