In the final week of 2022 our Arts departments shared a very special celebration of…
WSCW’s Kaitiaki roopu and Wastewise group in conjunction with the Albert-Eden Youth Board and Urban Ark – Manawa Taiao launched the Biodiversity project on Wednesday 30 March 2022.
The project began with a workshop on the importance of biodiversity restoration on the banks of the Waitītiko (Meola) Stream. The team learnt to identify native plants and invasive weeds as well as a discussion around predator tracking and trapping. The group pictured below mainly weeded out invasive weeds in order to free native plants around the stream.
Ngā mihi nui to all involved:
- Albert-Eden Youth board Co-Chairperson, Lena Trnski (ex-Springs’ student)
- Phil Simpson – facilitator, Urban Ark – Manawa Taiao
- Marie Hickey – TiC Wastewise group who took charge of coordinating and organising the event
- Whaea Alice for constant tautoko even though you’re on leave this year
- Paula Marx – Development Manager, who got the ball rolling
- Stacey Byers – kaiako Pūtaiao and TiC of Kaitiaki roopu who joined the group after a full day of teaching!
- and of course, the students and tauira who did the hard mahi on the day.
You’re ALL Eco-Superstars!!