We are seeking a friendly & calm member of our community to provide short-term cover (2 weeks) as a Receptionist at our WSCW Student Services Centre (Waiōra) and also provide assistance to our Gateway Department, as required.
The 2-week period we are looking to cover is the last week of Term 3 (Monday 18th September to Friday 22nd September) and the first week of Term 4 (Monday 9th October to Friday 13th October 2023), and we would require this person to be on site during school hours (9:00am to 3:10pm).
As you will be working with our students/tauira, you will need to be police vetted & a Confidentiality Agreement will also need to be signed.
Some of the key tasks that you will be asked to perform include:
- getting students from class for appointments with our school Nurse, Physiotherapist or Guidance Counsellors;
- greeting all external services that come in to meet with students;
- monitoring and processing all students who come to Waiōra (including checking notes given to students);
- assess students for minor problems, if the clinic is very busy;
- triaging the most important cases for the Nurse or Counsellors;
- keeping the clinic tidy (including doing dishes);
- communicating with the Gateway Department before students go out on placements;
- any administrative task for the Gateway Department, as required.
If you are interested in this position, please contact our Principal’s Executive Assistant (EA), Asha Vaidya, on email@example.com with a brief resume/CV and cover letter by Wednesday 6th September 2023 (3pm).
Note: We are a Living Wage Employer. A more detailed Job Description can be provided upon request.