Extended Seasonal Greetings Although the year is drawing to a close, it is worth noting…
Checking external entries:
We encourage all students to check their external entries before the beginning of September using the school portal in the ‘results’ tab. If you have any questions regarding external entries please contact your subject teacher in the first instance.
Western Springs College/ Ngā Puna O Waiōrea will be offering digital external exams this year for Level 1 Classical Studies, and Te Reo Māori, Te Reo Rangatira, French and History at Levels 1, 2 & 3. Please note all students sitting digital exams will also be given a paper copy of the exam if they would prefer to hand write their exam.
What does this mean for my tamariki:
- They can use their own device to sit their NCEA external exams
- NZQA provides a secure digital platform to do this
- The school will have some devices students can use if required
- All students will also be given a paper copy of the exam, so if they wish they can still hand write their exams
- Students will need their NZQA login to be able to access the digital exams
- If students are using the digital platform and they leave it/sign out they will need to continue their exam on the paper copy. They cannot go back into the digital platform once they have logged out.
If you have any questions please contact either the subject teacher or the Principal’s Nominee, Julie Debreceny (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Junior student/ whānau/ teacher interviews: Thursday 13th August
The student/whānau/teacher interviews to discuss Term 1 and 2 junior reports are on Thursday 13th August from 10am until 7pm. No classes will run on this day for any students. If you require supervision for your student please contact the office. Interviews can be booked at www.schoolinterviews.co.nz and the school code for the bookings is s3m94 or alternatively you can use the direct link which is here. Any teachers that are away on leave will email whānau directly.
If you log into the parent portal from our school website or mobile app and go to ‘timetable’ you will be able to view the names of the subject teachers you need to book with.
We encourage all students to attend the interviews with their whānau.