Congratulations to our Year 13 student, Joseph Armstrong, who recently was awarded two awards from BCITO, the Business Division of Te Pūkenga – New Zealand Institute of Skills and Technology. BCITO supports our school’s Gateway programme throughout a student’s structured workplace learning and assessment programme.

Tool Grant

Joseph has been awarded a $1000 grant that can be spent on tools to help with his BCITO apprenticeship. Almost 400 people applied for this grant, and of the 30 awards that were awarded across New Zealand – only two were issued in Auckland.

Level 3 Advanced Carpentry

After completing 10 weeks of volunteer work in a building/landscaping environment, Joseph had to complete theoretical work that involved learnings of a wide range of skills that is required to become a builder. Upon completion of this work, Joseph was awarded a Certificate of Achievement for his Level 3 Advanced Carpentry course.

Words of thanks from Joseph

I am extremely grateful for both awards and consider myself lucky to have been chosen for the Tool grant. I am super thankful to everyone who helped me out, Tess from BCITO, Margaret Ruland, Hiromi and a big thank you to Kaukura Tepaki who shall rest in peace“.

Back To Top