58th Annual Ngā Whakataetae Mō Ngā Manu Kōrero Taku Manu Kākātarahae, Taku Manu Taiko,…
The Health Centre has had a busy Term 3 with the expected illnesses affecting staff and pupils i.e. colds, strep throats, tonsillitis, gastroenteritis, hayfever and others.
Also the occasional rogue infectious disease – whooping cough and mumps, which you have been notified about via email, with links to Ministry of Health Guidelines.
General guidelines for common symptoms
- Diarrhea or vomiting symptoms – stay at home until the student has been symptom free for 24 hours.
- Temperatures over 37.5 C – stay at home until temperature is normal 37 C (get thermometer to check – digital or thermal is most convenient).
Term 4 – tips to help us cope and stay healthy
- Eat nutritious food and keep convenience food and energy drinks to a minimum.
- Get adequate sleep for your age – young adults – 8 hours daily.
- Exercise for 30 minutes three times per week – good for body and mind.
- Fluids 1 – 1½ litres daily for hydration and body maintenance.
- Manage ongoing medical conditions – use prescribed medication as directed
- Balance time between school, home, sports, friends and relaxing.
- Mindfulness – try it – it develops coping strategies for a positive life.
Have a restful and enjoyable holiday.